content material coming from — www.vietnam-briefing.com
This text will probably be up to date as additional developments in Vietnam change into obtainable.
- Vietnam has confirmed 15 instances of the novel coronavirus up to now. Nevertheless, six of the sufferers have recovered and launched after receiving remedy.
- Samsung’s manufacturing facility in Bac Ninh province resumed operations however the firm acknowledged that it’s going to stay alert to keep away from infections amongst workers.
- Whereas Vietnam and China are cooperating to ease customs clearance at border crossings, lots of of containers proceed to be held up at border gates.
- The Ministry of Finance (MoF) has introduced an inventory of medical provides together with masks, dry hand sanitizers, filters, epidemic forestall fits, amongst others exempt from tax till the epidemic ends.
- Authorities have prolonged the closure of a number of border gates between Vietnam and China within the northern province of Lang Son till the tip of February. Authorities officers additionally acknowledged that cross-border commerce between Vietnam and China just isn’t inspired in the interim.
- We’re listening to accounts of vacationers in additional distant border crossings into Vietnam being denied entry in the event that they possess any China visa historical past of their passport. Whereas this might not be official coverage, it seems to be carried out at sure border crossings in additional distant areas. If journey into Vietnam is required we suggest utilizing the primary border entry-exit factors.
- Dezan Shira & Associates‘, Trent Davies, Supervisor of our Ho Chi Minh City office, spoke at an AmCham Vietnam occasion Impact of Novel Coronavirus on Your Health and Business in Ho Chi Minh Metropolis, Vietnam. Throughout the occasion, Trent mentioned the broad financial affect of the epidemic in Vietnam, particularly in weak industries equivalent to training and tourism. A full abstract may be discovered here.
- Vietnam issued Decision No.173.QD-TTg declaring coronavirus as an epidemic – according to the World Health Organization’s declaration of the virus as a worldwide well being emergency.
- The federal government has ordered the well being ministry to oversee and early detect contaminated instances, monitor border crossings, airports, and seaports, significantly for passengers coming from affected areas.
- Vietnam’s civil aviation authority suspended all flights to mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan on February 1. Nevertheless, the authority lifted the ban for Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan from February 2. Flights to mainland China stay suspended.
- Vietnam stopped issuing visas for Chinese language vacationers on January 30 as a brief measure. Overseas guests who’ve visited China (together with transit) up to now 14 days from arrival may even be denied entry into Vietnam.
- Prepare providers between Vietnam and China have been suspended till additional discover.
- On February 4, greater than 200 passengers from China have been denied entry at Ho Chi Minh Metropolis airport by border officers. The passengers have been despatched again on respective flights.
- The labor ministry has additionally requested companies to maintain names and different info of Chinese language and international employees who’ve visited virus affected areas. As well as, they have to be quarantined for 2 weeks for well being checks.
- Vietnam’s airports have been ordered to deploy further personnel and coordinate with native well being businesses to deploy physique temperature scanning tools in addition to a screening of passengers.
- A number of faculties and schools will stay closed till February 16. These embrace establishments in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh Metropolis, Da Nang and Can Tho.
- Constructing administration of some residence buildings in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh Metropolis have begun physique temperature checks for individuals coming into the constructing.
- The federal government has additionally urged native authorities to restrict festivities and gatherings associated to the Lunar New Yr Vacation.
- Hanoi authorities have deliberate two subject hospitals in case infections rise.
Influence and Abstract
Vietnam has at the moment declared 15 instances of the coronavirus an infection; nevertheless, we’ve issues that extra instances will come up. Chinese language nationals arriving in Vietnam will face further checks and screening, significantly as they return after the Lunar New Yr vacation. As talked about earlier, out of the 15, six of the sufferers have recovered and have been discharged from hospitals.
The virus’s signs are respiratory and appear to start out with a fever, cough, and shortness of breath progressively. Nevertheless, in severe instances, it might result in pneumonia, acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and dying.
There’s at the moment no vaccine, so sufferers are being handled for his or her signs.
Vietnam’s well being ministry has additional acknowledged that the fatality charge of the virus is 2 % as in comparison with the 9.6 % of the SARS virus in 2002-2003.
Current developments point out that some Chinese language vacationers could have already been contaminated however not realized it – the virus seems to have a non-symptomatic 7-14 day incubation interval. Additional border checks and different journey restrictions are attainable given the quickly evolving developments.
Companies working in Vietnam have to put together for an escalation of the coronavirus in Vietnam and be prepared for measures taken by the authorities to get enforced with little or no discover.
The Tet (Vietnamese New Yr) holidays concluded on January 29, with workers returning to workplace from January 30. Ought to Vietnam introduce additional journey restrictions, the attendance of workplace workers could also be impacted.
We suggest companies in Vietnam contact their workers to determine the place they’re and talk about any regional or nationwide advisories regarding journey. Workers experiencing any cough or flu-like signs shouldn’t return to the workplace or manufacturing facility.
We’re offering updates and advisories regarding ASEAN (in addition to Vietnam) on this text here.
To organize for enterprise measures in Vietnam, we suggest studying via this text here, which incorporates advisory for companies working in China, however may be required ought to an outbreak prolong to have an effect on companies working in Vietnam. We strongly advise precautionary measures start to be taken.
Whereas journey to Vietnam can proceed, we suggest taking precautions and following recommendation from Vietnam’s Ministry of Health.
Primary precautions one can take to cut back their threat to the coronavirus as suggested by the World Health Organization (WHO) are:
- Wash arms with cleaning soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub;
- Cowl nostril and mouth with tissues or inside elbow when coughing or sneezing;
- Keep away from shut contact with anybody with chilly or flu-like signs;
- Completely prepare dinner meat and eggs; and
- Keep away from unprotected contact with stay wild or cattle
We’ll proceed to supply updates as they change into obtainable.